Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Drug Testing

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Fiery, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Anyone know whether they drug test you before your Learners course? I may have to dose up on Codrals or something this weekend for my course and have come down with a shocking cold!

2. no, they don't drug test you.

you'll be fine.

good luck :)

though, if it's anything like the cold i'm slowly getting over at the moment, i'd postpone the course.. mine peaked on the second day and i really really struggled to get through the day, once we were past the compulsory stuff and i got my licence papers, i left straight away, went home and hoped in bed.

wouldn't suggest doing the course if you suspect you'll be suffering from it for both days.

blocked up ears and a dizzy head cold cause alot of problems when learning
  3. man you really are stressing arent you... :LOL: No no drug test. Just an eye test at servicetas, maybe not even that.
  4. I have been stressing since seeing the adds on TV about roadside drug testing - waaaaah I love my pot! I had already decided never to ride stoned just on principle as I am well aware of the 'herbal lobotomy' affect.

No, this weekend will be fine, really looking forward to it.
  5. No officer Its an alagesic powder for my nose!!! :LOL:

Its funny I have never been pulled over on the trumpy... teh datsun was pulled over 5 times in one week.. :roll:
  6. I was pulled over only once in 8 years with my Valiant R Series - and then the officers said that they just wanted to check her out!
  7. Man, I'm sure they do a compulsory blood test administered by some hard core bikie with tatts all over his body, wearing black skin tight leathers.........

GOOD LUCK :))

8. codrals.....yeah right haha
  9. No drug test just an internal exam!!!!!!
  10. Cough twice please? :p
    are you alergic to shellfish? :LOL:
  11. Any chance you could put it off for a week? Probably be better if you rest and do the course when you're feeling better....more enjoyable that way. :wink:
  12. I can't cancel - was lucky to get in on a cancellation as the waiting list is almost 3 months. Tis cool, will thoroughly enjoy myself regardless, taaa
  13. Just pop some suda-fed works a charm and will give u a little kick, rather than those drowzy codrols!!!

follow them up with a few redbulls and one strong coffee.

Hey while your at it pop a no-doze etra stenght - will work a treat.
  14. No they don't but if you riding an 87 Rebel they SHOULD :)

15. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  16. sounds like good night in to me! :demon:
  17. Hehehe my old man had the same thing happen to him in a S series val.

you will be right mate but if u have a cold postpone it you balance may be off.