Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

dropping to say hi im a new rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by chicken69, Oct 15, 2009.

1. hi im new, to ridding and looking for friends to ride with, and working out how to use this netrider forum, how do i add new photos up any one can help me regards tina:driver:

2. Hi and welcome to NR.

There are a few riders out your neck of the woods so hopefully you will catch up with someone to ride with. Going to a coffee night is also a good way to meet folks.

And if you are in the city or willing to ride there (not sure just how new you are) there is the Tuesday Night L ride and Sat morning car park practice (usually followed by a short ride.
  3. Hi Tina !!
    Looking forward to riding with you soon neighbor :wink:
  4. Welcome aboard. Enjoy your new lifestyle. cheers.
  5. thanks you would say im very new at ridding, and im not very conferrable ridding on my own, its hard when us females want to do it , i think :)
  6. thanks for that yes im very new at it lol im not game to go to city im only in back street atm still have a lot to learn yet befor i get to go there,
  7. You just have to get out there and do it. When I first got my bike, rode it home from the dealers - 30km. Had a week off work and decided that the only time I would use the car was if I needed to take the dog somewhere, or if I had to carry heavy things. The more you ride the more confident you get, then something happens and you can't keep off the bike. My 2nd trip was too Richmond in peak hour traffic, not using freeways. This gave me lots of practice of changing gears and braking, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd etc. Then I did a Tuesday Learners Ride and gave myself over an hour to get there, really helped my confidence. I think when I first started riding I could feel and hear my heart beating.
  8. thanks for the confidence chat, yes i under stand you have to ride more to be confidence, its just really hard, like i feel my hart coming out off my chest, my hands tremble, thanks tina