Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by pacs50, Feb 15, 2006.

1. :cry: :cry:
    Hi All,

I guess this qualifies for the topic of 'safety'. Parked my bike the other day on the footpath (legally) and returned only to find the bike lying on its opposite side; ie it had fallen off the footpath, onto the road, over onto the handles bars and landed upside down (wheels in the air!!!) a large divet was left in the bitumen(footpath) where it looks like the pavement gave way, or it was forced over.

So im left with a pretty busted up Kawasaki (zx2r A). Coz it rolled over on its top, both sides of the tank have significant dents.

A friend advised that tank damage constitues a wrie off, can anyone confirm this for me....is it dangerous/illegal/unroadworthy to ride with tank damage.....there are no leakes, or physical cracks in the tank, but it has been knocked around.

Any advice would be great..thanks
  2. bike I rode at my L's had a huge dent in it from quote " a girls crotch" when she hit the clubhouse.

I would say its up to your honest un biased opinion, but thats just me.
  3. 1. Bad luck dude. Was it a hot day?? Because on hot days shitty surfacing jobs often soften up enough to allow the bike side stand to 'sink in' and often fall over.

2. As far as i am aware small dings in the tank (which in your case i believe isn't actually a tank anyway) doesn't 'write off' that bike in the true sense of the word. A new tank would prolly set you back a couple $$$. It may however make the bike 'unroadworthy' in the eyes of a RWC, however, i don't know the answer to that one.
  4. After my recent boo boo I can tell you that a dented or scratched tank does not constitute a write off. It's not a stressed member of the frame or required for structural integrity.

Lickily I didn't dent mine with my crotch, otherwise my integrity may have been compromised and my member stressed unduely.
  5. Sooooooo, what are you saying tic-tac boy??? :LOL: