Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dropped the biatch.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by N2O, Sep 20, 2006.

1. So I just out for a nice ride on saturday afternoon over to repco to pick up a radiator hose for my car. I was just putting along, enjoying the scenery, when a roundabout jumped out at me from nowhere!

The front clipped the roundaboud and dumped me onto the road at about 30.

The genius that I am, I wasn't wearing my jacket, (Was only going down the road!). I got up, checked myself out, had a little blood, the helmet didn't even touch the ground, but my draggins were pretty much chopped to bits.

Anyways, so the brake lever, and pedal were broken so I started pushing her home. I got it home, but by this time the gravel rash was REALLy hurting, so I called the ambos, got them to check me out, thinkin' they'd just clean me up, etc.

But they take me to hospital because I haven't had a tetanus shot in 5 years. Get all cleaned (which hurt considerably more than the actual fall) and got discharged 2 hours later.

So, I'm currently nicely wrapped in bandage, although the wounds are relatively minor. So what's the moral to this story? Had I been wearing a jacket, I wouldn't have a scratch on me, and the fall was probably not hard enough to do that much damage to the jacket.

I fixed the damaged to the bike for less than $40.

I'd just like to be the first to call myself an idiot, for 1) not wearing a jacket, 2) not paying attention to the road.

Comments? Suggestions? Insults?
    PS. I'll chuck some pick chers up when I get home.