Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dropped my bike, now it won't start - HELP!

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by speedysnaill, May 26, 2007.

1. Hi guys,

Well, I did the world's slowest bike drop this morning. Was slowing down, almost at complete stop to park my bike at home, somehow it tilted just that bit too far for me to hold it up, so I let it down as gently as possible (basically stopped it from crashing on the ground). It was on its side for maybe 2mins while I went and fetched my housemate to stand it upright, but now it won't start. It's been sitting there for a couple of hours, so I think engine-flooding is ruled out. Petrol had leaked out onto the ground, but I had just filled it up, so it can't be empty, there wasn't enough liquid on the ground for that.

Can someone PLEASE help me? WTF could I have possibly done to it? Am I going to need a mechanic to get it going again, or is it somehting I can maybe fix myself?

(It's a suzuki across - 250)

Cheers! :shock:
  2. Prob on fuel in the carbs. they prob emptied when on its side.
    If ur fuel switch has prime on it, leave it on that for a while, or set it on ON.
    Leave it for a while, twist the throttle a few times, then give it a start.
  3. I have applied magical mind healing to your motorcycle. Go out and try it again.
  4. lmao. well... took your advice, and... it worked! WEEEEEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Thanks guys!

(and yeah, I think the mind-thingy must have worked!)

5. *laugh* you sure haven't had a good run have you? :)
  6. no, no I haven't! Woe is me! :LOL:

Oh well, just gotta "keep on keeping on" as they say :p
  7. faaark, I feel the magic - do it again! if I go look at my zeal right now, will it be 10x faster?

8. if it miraculously grew 750cc and turned into a fz1 or r1 yes :LOL: