Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dropped my baby

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Charmed, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Bike sittin in driveway warming up while putting gear on.
    Throw right leg over & as putting foot down, damn foot slipped on something, dust, small stone, dont know what, but down I go. At least it was nice & slow.

Nice scuff mark on driveway from boot, calf bloody sore right now.

Now the important info ... DAMAGE...

Cracked fairing just above indicator. Left side of the crack pushed in a little.
    Any info on how to patch, mend this would be great.

Sorry for the crappy pics & light glear.

2. Never mind the "Any info on how to patch, mend this would be great?" question.

Found the topic I remember seeing a while back :)
  3. Thread title made me think Britney Spears was posting here
  4. hey hope your bikes ok. i dropped mine the other day but my rear indicators are held up by railroad ties so no damage. good thing about old bikes with not much plastic
  5. See if you can get your hands on a 2 pack product called qbond,,sets really hard ,remains flexible ,easy to sand back as well .Bulid up the rear of the break with the powder in the kit and if done carefully enough you may get away with a broush touching the crack.try a repco or burson store,or visit your local smash repair shop and he could order it in for you,,costs about $40 for the small kit