Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dropped It!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Grimjaur, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Dropped my bike for the first time today, and not just one but twice!! :cry: First time was in the dirt, just got bogged in a turn and lost it. But the second one was the painfull one, riding down the road and went to go turn up onto the sidewalk to get back into the bush. There must have been some oil or something on the side because it just went straight over. So glad i was wearing my protection, even if it was my dirt stuff ( boots, dirt pants) and proper road jacket. All i got from it was the slightest bit of road rash on my knee, and a good lesson.

2. That's not good.

Glad you're okay. Gear really pays off, eh?
  3. converted gear nazi here :p
  4. Dropping it on dirt doesn't count.....my count would be up to almost the triple figures by now otherwise :LOL:
  5. My count is triple, too.

3 times.

First time: Snapped a section off the clutch handle
    Second time: Broke the orange indicator cover (and almost put my partner's bike through the wall of the garage. I'm lucky he kept his upright)
    Third time: (outside work. Very embarassing :oops: ) Bike fell against my leg and I was able to right it quickly.

That's aside from all the other troubles I've had with it.
  6. I almost dropped the bike while I was taking the suspension out... I didn't realise but when I was cracking the bolts the bike slowly edged forward...

I'm lucky the bike fell on me, otherwise it'd be damaged :D I did manage to catch it and not let it fall, and it didn't really fall on me :p

but seriously, glad to hear you're alright mate.
  7. Glad to hear you are ok arent you glad it was on the dirt? :)
  8. It was the fall you had to have, sorry to hear about it.

As long as you learnt something then it's all for a good cause.
  9. Bugger...

no last damage done it seems, which is good.