Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dropped bike, now it won't start

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Nakkas, May 1, 2007.

1. Last Saturday I decided to take shortcut across grass, whilst it was raining and learnt the hard way that a huge pot hole can send the bike slipping out.

The bike fell over but because the dirt was soft, there appeared to be no damage to the bike. It stalled after it was down for a while, but I was able to start it back up and get home (500m).

Afterwards it wouldn't start, it was just turning over doing nothing. I was able to pushstart it and gave it a bit of a squirt and it appeared to be fine. I was able to start and stop the bike without any problems for a few days.

Now it's just turning over again, without starting.

I'm sure it has something to do with the drop as it always starts perfectly before. Has anyone got any tips?

btw It's an FZR250 3LN3
  2. hmm. i would check the cables around the carbs. Especaily the vacume/pump cable that goes into the fuel tank.
    Id keep searching around my carbs, open em up if u have to.

Its probaly a hose that came loose or a cable mount that got bent somewhere

I fall shouldnt kill your top or bottom end on ur engine thats y i wouldnt consider it