Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Driving Light Mod Hyo GT250R

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Thera, Dec 6, 2008.

1. As we all know the lighting on the Hyo leaves a lot to be desired... So I am planning on installing some Driving Lights to improve this, as I will be seeing some country roads at night over the summer.

I am planning on using something similar to This. These are HID 35w, and should "brighten" the road ahead, and to the sides a tad. Was planning on either relaying them to the High Beam, or if they aren't dazzling, to the low beam.

There is a thread on Korider(here) with similar work, though I was originally planning on mounting them on some steel supports mounted on the mirror brackets, although the Vent area seems to be a better solution.

The ubiqutous thoughts opinions? Done something similar? let me know. I'll gather the prices,etc. and put them up. Hoping to get this done by the end of this week.
  2. interested in seeing the results :)

Good luck
  3. Good luck !
    The ones on korider look the part. If you can get em looking like an original part hidden in those vents that'll be you best solution. All the best.
    Do post pics once your done. . . .
  4. Don't bother. Go and see Staffords and they'll put some super bright bulbs in like they did with my old bike. The difference was amazing and won't ruin the asthetics of your ride like the Korider mod will.
  5. yeah having trouble sourcing the xenon ones i want. Will chuck a bigger bulb in, and see if that makes a difference.

Dougz, I am after more spread, rather than distance.

This might have to wait till after christmas now. Too many functions to work and to attend.
  6. Go to Bursons and buy NARVA PLUS 50's.

They give 50% more light ahead and aside.

Wont overload the already struggling electrical system either.