Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Drivers licence change from WA to Victoria

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by bugeater, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. Okay, it seems I'll be moving to Melbourne from Perth in the next few weeks. I've got a restricted m/c licence (250cc and under), though I've been riding nearly every day for the last 12 years (never needed unrestricted).
    What happens if I register in Victoria? The impression I got is that you normally get an unrestricted licence after a certain period of time. In WA you actually have to go through the whole licencing process again (riding test etc.) which is partially why I've never bothered.

  2. In Vic, your restricted licence automatically becomes a full licence after 12 months. No testing involved.