Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Driver Awareness

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by zilly, Oct 22, 2007.

1. I told one of my friends that I am getting a bike, she replied saying she would have to look out for me on the bike now.

I think this is a good thing, as she will now be more aware of other motorbikers and hopefully this will mean one less car to worry about when we are on the roads.

Now just to educate the others

Personally I am in the belief that you should be checking for objects not no. of tail-lights as to whether you should pull out or not.

What other ways have you found to help in awareness of drivers?

2. I bought a sticker yesterday to put on my bike that reads:

"Could you drive any better if I shoved that mobile phone up your arse?"

I think that something like this may help some people become more aware of us :LOL:

3. What?
    Can someone tell me what this thread title really is?

I don't understand these weird mytho/spiritualistic thingamies...

4. hehe, I believe I have good awareness when I am driving, but that could be from push-bike riding and rollerblading (and now motorbiking)

I don't understand how hard it is to see motorcycles, they are all objects on the road, if they are in your way slow down and / or stop

5. but if they don't see you, how will they read it?

6. He didn't say it was a SMALL sticker :LOL:

[​IMG]

7. yeah I think that method has potential =D

8. LOL...I like.

I was planning on putting a sticker on my car and bike...but I just got lazy.

Majority of my friends know I ride so they probably will end up watching out for riders. Though it would still be bloody dangerous.

Try telling trucks to be aware of motorbikes and cars. Nearly got sandwiched between a B Double truck and the freeway concrete in my car...lucky I was past half way up the side of the truck and just accelerated like crazy...thank god for 6 cylinders =D.

phong =P~

9. I was thinking oxymoron too.

10. Kill them when they cut you off. This idea does have some logistic issues, but its still in development. Until then..

[​IMG]