Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

DriRider Summit Jacket - Come with Quilted Liner???

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Toya, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Hi Guys/Gals, I am new here so please excuse my lack of knowledge...
    I am getting first ever lot of riding gear together, and recently bought a DriRider Summit jacket off good old Ebay...its not the current model, which i think is called the Summit2.
    Anyway I was under the impression that this model came with the quilted liner as a standard thing.
    So the jacket arrives this week and I am extatic....and then I unzip the jacket to find no liner, just the zips :(
    So.....the seller has told me that when they bought the jacket they got no liner, but in the next line has offered me compensation for the fact that there is no lining. The last thing I want to do is take money off this guy if I am in fact wrong.....so your advise would be hugely appreciated :)

Its the black, grey and blue jacket if that helps :)
  2. http://www.dririder.com.au/products.asp?menu=40&main=SUMMIT-2

mate, as far as i know all dri- rider jackets have removable inner liners. i have a 2005 summit jacket.

the question you need to ask the seller is where he bought it from. if from a store(new) then a liner was in it and he is telling fibs! if he bought it privately that's another matter...

what did the ebay advert say? post up a link?
  3. Should have come with a liner. Send it back.
  4. He told me that he bought it from a store, but didnt elaborate further. I know he probably must have lost it or something, but then it would have been nice to know prior to winning the auction!!
    It didnt specifically state in the desciption on Ebay that the jacket had lining, but as far as I have been able to find out, its a standard inclusion, so obviously I expected it to be there.
    Here is a link to the ebay auction...

So now I need to find myself some lining for the damn thing.....
  5. when you say he is willing to offer you comp. for the lack of a lining, what exactly does this imply?

i too would have thought that the lining would be included with the jacket but with ebay you can never be too careful.
  6. I don't think the seller is obliged to give you a lining. The description said used and did not mention lining. Although the lining might have been standard for a new one. The one you bought was a used one. Therefore the seller has complied with his/her responsibility when the seller delivered to you the jacket without lining.

The seller was very nice considering that he was offering you compensation for the lack of lining.

In ebay, it is always buyers beware. Don't assume, always ask.
  7. The eBay ad said "A GREAT JACKET, PATRICULARLY FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR." ... without a lining, this would not be the case. Sure it's buyer beware, but there is a reasonable case of misrepresentation given that statement.

I'd be looking at sending it back to him. If not, bad feedback for mis-representation is at least valid.

On a different note, it's always intresting to look back at people's previous eBay purchases :grin: Lingerie, weight loss, and bike stuff. :LOL: :LOL:
  8. kanduli01 if you were to buy a jacket off Ebay, would you ask if it has the sleeves, or would you assume it did as sleeves are a standard inclusion on jackets?? The same principal applies here.
    A summit jacket comes with a quilted liner as a standard inclusion, so this is what I expected.

For all other purposes, the jacket is fantastic and in new condition, so I dont really want to send it back.. I have decided instead to take up his offer of compensation and then hope that I can get a hold of the liner somewhere else.

Thank you Mouth for checking my buying history, hopefully one day I will be able to return the favour :twisted: