Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dririder Pants - Nordic - outer seam has come apart

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by doonx, Jan 4, 2006.

1. The outer seam stitching only on my pants has opened on the inside right leg over the ankle. I got them from Peter Stevens Dandenong a year ago, doubt I could find the receipt now though.

Is it best for me to take them back there, or to just get them repaired at a local alterations place ?

2. The mob that distributes DriRider may be able to fix it. When my jacket leaked like a sieve during a weekend ride away 18 months ago, I contacted the mob that imports/distributes them. The chap told me that he'd be able to pull it apart and repair it. If it's under warranty, they should be able to accomodate you.
  3. Depends how soon you want them fixed. You might be better off taking them to that place at the top of the escalators in Brandon Park. A similar thing happened to my leathers and I considerd taking them back to BikeMart where I bought them but figured it would be easier and quicker to get them fixed locally.
  4. I gotta say Dririder's customer service is one of the best I've experienced. I have a pair of cordura pants which i unwittingly rested on the exhaust pipe and melted a hole through it, I found an email address on their website and asked them where i could buy a patch of cordura to stitch over the hole... No worries they said, give us your address and we'll post it to you free of charge, sure enuff 2 days later, a registered mail envelope turned up with more than enuff material to repair it, and step by step instructions on how to best repair them (which involved some unstictching/restiching etc.).
    sounds to me like they like to keep their customers happy, and in my case, they did.

BTW I do not work for Dririder, I pay for everything I own. I just appreciate good service.
  5. Hey Doonks, you can either do what Flipper has suggested or do what i do..... Lose some weight.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Just kidding......
  6. No Mitch, you're bang on the money, I gotta shed some pounds ! I walked the dog last night for 90 minutes, just need to keep doing that every night and will see some type of result. Lucky I also like vegies and rabbit food !

But this split is only about 20cms long down near my ankle, nowhere near my fertile region (it just grows and grows).