Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

DriRider Nordic Boots Leaking

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by kenn0171, May 3, 2007.

1. I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the Dririder Nordic boots leaking.

I've had mine for about 8 months, and recently I've noticed that at the end of the road my feet are coming out of the boots wet. It really appears as if they are leaking around the toes section (but luckily I've taken the advice of other riders on the forum and carry a spare pair of socks to work if rains forecast, just incase)

Granted, the rain has been pretty heavy, but still i would've expected these boots to keep my feet nice and dry. Especially considering how they are suppose to be "100% waterproof" (well thats what the website said when i was looking around for boots)

Anyway, if anyone else has had the leakage issue I'd like to know. That way I can at least tell if its just my boots, or if it happens to all of them.

2. Make sure that no water is coming in down your leg. My boots have cracks across the toes, possibly from the hot summer use, this is where the water gets in.
  3. Yep my up untill today completley dry A* boots have developed a leak. It seems to come in where the polish has worn away, so out with the nugget tonight methinks :grin:
  4. I'm pretty sure waters not running down my leg into the boots (well I am for todays ride cos my wet weather pants were over my boots, and my legs were completely dry).

I'll see about rubbing some dubbin into the boots tonight and see if that helps at all.

Cheers for the replies guys
  5. Dubbin eats away at the stitching over time.....
    go and get yourself some stuff Vic told me about..... snowseal :)
  6. "Dubbin eats away at the stiches" where did you learn that from Caz? When I was in the army I used dubbin twice aday on exercises and once a day normaly and never had the stiches give way yet. Once I left the army to turn civillion I still have my old boot that I wear on my bike or when I go camping and I have had them since 2003 without any stiching problems.

First things to go are normaly the soles or laces.

With wet weather gear I spray mine with a water proof sealer that I buy though my local bike shop or you can get some from Woolies or Big W ect which I use on gloves, jaket, pants ect to good use.
  7. Cotton can get eaten away by dubbin, as a bushwalker with about 30 years of experience I have seen it happen. But it is only anecdotal. :)

Sno Seal is fantastic, I got a pair of boots when I was 17 and have replaced the soles about four times but the leather is still ace. I have used Sno Seal from day one. Oh the boots are Scarpa Asolo with Vibram soles cost me $320 then :shock:
  8. DRIRIDER Nordic boots = FULL OF SHIT

I have these boots and they leak in exactly the same place.

I rang this person from the company that imports them and got the standard wanker speel ' oh we have sold 1,000's and not one has leaked'

hate to say it but they are cheap and nasty, poorley manufactired boots and i was a sucker to buy them.

get BMW or alpinestars or Rossi boots.

dririder stuff is cheap and you get what ya pay for