Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dririder Highlander Vs Motodry Black Ice

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Ljiljan, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Who in sydney enjoyed the less than zero degree mornings of the last few days? Anyway, im looking for some winter gloves after freezing my fingers in summer gloves with both polyester and latex gloves on underneath. Could barely pull my brake when I got home. And that was merely 6-7 degrees.

What are peoples experiences with these gloves? Looking in terms of both warmth and water resistivity. Sydney City Motorcycles has the motodry at $68, and MCAS the hilghlanders at $80. Cheers.

2. I don't know about the Highlanders specifically, but my experience with DriRider gloves in general has not impressed me as to their durability.
  3. I have used a pair of Black Ice gloves for the last two winters and cannot speak highly enough of them. On one memorable early ride out of Bombala I discovered that my heated grips weren't working, and the Black Ice gloves kept my old pinkies warm until the weather picked up. And I have no fraying, or loose stitching, either.
  4. I picked up a pair of Black Ices for $68 at Syd City about 2 weeks ago. Sales guy had to look up their website to confirm the lower price, but no drama.

Gloves are working well for me so far re warmth, cant comment yet on waterproofness.
  5. I'll have to look into them hornet...
  6. thanks for you glowing review hornet, it lead me to Sydney City this arvo to purchase a pair. I arrived home and subsequently found the right glove was a centremetre shorter than the left and quite unconfortably tight. :-s ](*,)

On my way back now.
  7. Here's a link to a guy testing waterproofing by dunking his hands into cold water: http://www.roadrider.com.au/_webapp_173643/‘Waterproof’_gloves

In summary, the DriRider Adventure was the least expensive set of gloves that was actually waterproof, while the DriRider Storm was the same price but NOT waterproof (ironic considering storm implies wet!). No mention of the highlander product but useful none the less.
  8. twaddle; you've just got odd-sized hands :rofl:
  9. that's actually what I initially thought until I properly lined the gloves up :p