Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

DRIRIDER - Dri-Mesh Climate Jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by 7THSIN, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Went out jacket and bike shopping today and picked up a DRIRIDER Dri-Mesh Climate jacket.

Not a bad price at $299, comes in lots of sizes with lots of adjustments.
    Comes with a 100% waterproof zip-out liner, and a zip-out thermal quilted liner.
    The jacket can be worn with either, both, or no liners in it.
    Removable armour in the shoulders and elbows, and a foam back pad complete the jacket.

It was around 30° out today, and I spent a few hours on the bike with both liners out and the jacket is awesome, it provides lots of airflow all around your body, without being blasted by the wind, and it looks good too.

As for durability in a crash, a friend with this jacket was telling me how he crashed at 80kmh in the wet, wrote his bike off and went sliding down the road, I asked what condition the jacket was in now, and he told me it was the same one he was wearing, which was only scuffed up and a few small holes in the mesh, I was very impressed :)

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10 considering quality, price, comfort, style and features.

2. Yes I might have to look at getting one of these as my current motodry jacket is not suitable for hot weather...it also has a zip out liner but is still pretty heavy duty and the armour does not lift out.

Basically as soon as I put it on I start sweating :( and it now stinks... :? I need to give it a hand wash I think.

Thanks for the tip ;)
  3. Thats the exact reason I bought this jacket, my other jacket is suited to winter and cooler months. At the moment I'm sweating before I even get on the bike.

It's safe to say I'll be using the mesh jacket untill the weather cools off again, and if my other jacket hasnt sold I'll go back to that one, or pickup a leather jacket instead.
  4. i to picked one of these up (the black / silver black ) today for $269 from Peter stevens :p but they gave me 10% off as i spent $6000 on a bike.
  5. Like Fishyben I got the discount at Peter Stevens after buying a bike there. I have had no problem with mine except getting caught in the rain with all my liners at home. Rain stings at 120kmh.