Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Drift HD170 stealth thoughts

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Disco_Dave, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I just wanted to know if anyone has a drift HD170 helmet cam and if so what you think of it?
    In particular i want to use it to take photos more than video so if anyone has some feedback on what the photo quality on their bike is like that would be great. seems to be really difficult to find much info on their still photo quality.

Cheers

2. I have the Drift Innovation X170. It isn't HD but it was right for my budget and realistically if you are not making movies not much of a difference between it and the HD as far as I am concerned.

As you want to take more still photos than video you might be better off looking for a single shot camera that has smaller video capabilities.

3. I wrote up a review a little while ago on this camera, it's around in the reviews area somewhere. I haven't used it to take stills, but I'm not really sure why you would buy a camera like this to take stills anyway?

4. any price difference between this and the GoPro HD?