Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Drift HD Ghost wind noise

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by dima, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Hi,

So I've got myself the camera which is pretty good overall.

One of the problems I have with it though is the wind noise at any descent speed. It is so great that I don't hear engine anymore.

I tried to play with Mic sensitivity setting but it doesn't seem to affect the noise part.
    Also tried to close the Mic with blu tack, but didn't actually ride with it as it didn't appear like it fixed the problem (blowing at it still gave a lot of noise).

So the question is how to eliminate that wind noise (ext Mic isn't an option btw)?
  2. Try and make your own wind sock for it? Other than that I don't think there is much you can do.
  3. What's that (wind sock)?
  4. It is something you put over an external microphone to reduce wind noise. Since yours is a built in mic I don't think you will be able to buy a windsock for it but it shouldn't be too hard to make your own.
    • Like Like x 1