Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

dri rider mesh jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by joël, Jan 21, 2005.

1. hey,

anyone out thier have any experiance with these? i have herd of some reliability problems with them, have u had any?

thanks in adavnce,

joël (yes the dots are thier for a reason :p )

p.s. i HAVE actualy used the search :LOL: unlike half of the posts that i have read where u guy's dis people who dont use it. :shock:

2. Reliability problems?

Like what? How can a jacket be unreliable?

You go to the cupboard to get it out and go for a ride and find yourself a dear joel note?

Waaaaaaahahahahaaaaa.... I kill me.

Nous has one and she likes it just fine. She relies on it to stay on her back, keep her warm and dry, and god forbid to be the first thing that hits the tarmac if I take a stack.

3. yeah i bought the bro in law one for xmas, also got him the upgrade pack.
    good jacket, cool, fits well even with the thicker armour and with all inners in place still not to heavy
    One day i'll let him use it :LOL:

4. nice one :LOL:

nagh i just hered of the clips on the side to slim urself up breking, thats all i ment:p

so its all good then?

p.s. dont forget the 2 dots on my name it makes all the diference

5. My friend bought one and it is falling apart for no reason..

Lisa :twisted:

6. I've had one for 18 months and have had no problems. I haven't road tested it either so I don't know what it's like when you hit the bitumen. I did have one problem, my jacket is an XXXXL but the liner was a MED, I figured it didn't matter as I wouldn't be wearing it in the rain anyway.

7. me loves me dririder

Just a note, my jacket isn't a dririder, it's a Motodry. Haven't a clue if it makes a difference, but i only wish it wasn't so billowy. It's bad enough I feel like a michelin-man-penguin thing.

I get on-bike day-mares that WHEN we stack, the loose bits will gather up and get shredded off pretty quickly. Or that the entire jacket will slide ride up and off.

Then again with the jacket cinched at the waist and with these boobs in the way, its pretty unlikely. Who knows.

It's all about the fall, fellas.

8. Firstly check that it's really a DriRider.
    Had mine for a little while and no probs whatsoever.

If yes, email Ron Grant at McLeods Accessories with the story, he's in Brisbane, too.
    info@mcleodaccess.com.au

9. Aaaarrrrggghhh! Grobërts has established a franchise in Canberra!