Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dri Rider assen gloves? any good

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by emilmh, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Hi,
    Im trying to get my first safety gear and i've come across some 2nd hand Dri Rider assen gloves for $35. i've seen them new (online) for $50 so its not a whole lot cheaper. Im not sure if its a good idea to get them.
    Why i think its a good idea, is cos im limited to what bike shops (All are a long way away) i can get so and these gloves are close and handy. And also im on a budget so if i can save a few $$ i will gladly do so.
    They seem to fit well, they look ok, and the price is ok, but i have no idea how it will handle once in use, especially QLD summer (30 - 40 degree) riding.

gloves can be seen here:
    http://werple.net.au/~gary/s_gloves.htm#assen

Any help appreciated,
    Emil

2. I have a pair, and they're OK. I wear them in summer, including that day in early Jan when temperatures reached over 44 degrees, and they didn't give me much grief - at least not enough to notice compared to jacket and pants :)
    They are not terribly warm in winter, they do the job on short hops around town, but if I were going on a couple of hours ride early winter morning, I'd want something more.

They held up well enough in the little low-speed scrape I had a while back, they protected my hands and while a couple of marks can be seen, they remain perfectly wearable.

The only criticism I have is they are not waterproof at all, though in all fairness, they don't claim to be; it doesn't take much rain to soak them through.

But overall, solid value at 35 bucks.