Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Draggin's or Cordura, which is better...??

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Rogues, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Ok, so did a search and it would seem that general consensus is that leathers is at top of the list re protection but.............
    Whats the second choice???
    I've got a pair of Draggin Jeans but am wondering, if I'm gunna go on a trip of 1000k should I be a bit more protected......??
    Is the DriRider,R/Jays type cordura pants with hip protector, knee guard ect, ect a better bet for a run to sydney or even doing the Oxley than 'just a pair of draggins'......??

2. Rain or cold Cordura is 1000 times better than Draggins.
  3. I've you're referring to Draggins without armour then yes Cordura is a lot better - just imagine someone whacking you in the kneecap with a hammer and see if having nothing but a thin layer of Kevlar is such a good idea ;).

With armour Kevlar is far better for tear resistance, but nowhere near as good for abrasion resistance as Cordura. So either one is a compromise compared to leather.