Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Draggin Zip-offs

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Rybky, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Has anybody here got Draggin Zip-offs?

After seeing them on the Draggin website they seemed like a great idea, especially now the bike is my only form of transport. As I already had a pair of Draggin jeans I felt confident to order them online as I knew the waist size I need.

Well they arrived at work today and I am hugely dissapointed. They fit perfectly around the waist and are the right length but the legs are soooo wide! I reckon I could fit two of my legs down each leg of the pants, they look like clown trousers on me!

Are they supposed to be such a loose fit? Such a loose fit can't be a good idea in a slide, they are just going to slide up my legs.

I really wish I had gone to a store to get them now.

2. I had a pair of zip off cargo's a while ago, and I'd always end up with massive scratches on the inside of my knee from the zipper. They'd sting like a biyatch in the shower.

Thats my 2c :)
  3. Yep, I have a pair and the waist is tiny compared to the width of the legs. I don't have a major problem with it though, as I tried mine on before buying and was pretty happy with the fit. For me, a bigger gripe is that when you zip off the legs, the shorts are short shorts. A longer, more casual length would have been better. So it's a no-win: as pants, they look clownish, and as shorts, they make you look like a tradie (no offence, tradies :angel:).

Having said that, all of the above is about looks. For the record I like the functionality, and I would probably buy them again. They are an absolute lifesaver in summer, when I have to ride in to work, but then spend all day in a stinking hot shop.

Absolutely not a problem with mine. Zips seem to be well shielded from legs and bike. Different brand?
  4. Thanks Whipster, I tried them on again last night at home and I think I will use them, they don't look too bad. I didn't think as shorts they were too short, just over my knee but they do tend to keep their shape which again looks odd!

I am really surprised that the zip ends up on the inside of your leg, I know it has material over it but I would have thought they would have put it away from the bike.

Will give more of a report after I have used them a few times.