Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Draggin: Will the knee & shin armor stay put in a crash

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by grue, Dec 14, 2008.

1. I'm a little dubious about securing the knee & shin armor with velcro, will it actually stay in place if I go down?

Is there a better way to secure it?
  2. More velcro :?

One of the knee guards slid down and gone whilst riding. Bought some MX ones - bit bullky but fine under draggins
  3. I wasn't convinced the knee guards would stay put with the Velcro, so I bought another elastic knee support (I already wear one to help an old injury to my left knee) and hold them in place with those. Pants on over top and I'm happy. The knee guards also rode up too far when I was sitting on the bike; this way they stay firmly wrapped around my knee, inside the abrasion-resistant kevlar.

The Knox knee guards seem good and are a decent size.
  4. those little stick on pads look pathetic, i wouldnt trust them. if you pick up some proper strap on ones like Axxo, they fit under the jeans no problem.