Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Draggin Twista

Discussion in 'Pants' started by zan, Dec 26, 2012.

1. #1 zan, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    I've been looking for a pair of Kevlar jeans for a while - jeans that not only offer good protection but also look good. I plan on commuting on my bike to uni next semester, so finding a pair of jeans that I am comfortable to wear (in terms of style) around campus was as much as a priority as the level of protection.

My pair of everyday jeans are slim fit/skinny so I was happy to find that Draggin Jeans just recently decided to release a new style called 'Twista'.

Stock Pic:

The Twistas fall under the 'Next Gen' range - which apparently offers 'improved comfort and safety' - but the other benefit is that the kevlar stitching is hidden from the outside, as well as any other stitching for that matter, which gives the jeans a nice clean look.

Real pic (sorry for dirty mirror haha):

In terms of comfort - the jeans are really comfortable to wear, as expected from Draggin. They feel as good as any other pair of jeans I own - obviously besides the extra weight and thickness from the kevlar. I've had a few hours in the saddle wearing these and they really are a treat to wear. The stretch denim really helps with manoeuvring around and the jeans breathe pretty easily despite their thickness - I just came back from a ride in 25+ degree weather and it was like nothing.

In terms of safety - the jeans are lined with the usual kevlar covering the buttocks and the knee area only. There is also a slot for knee armour.

In summary - I'm no expert. I have limited riding experience, I have no knowledge of manufacturing jeans or kevlar specific jeans and this is my first pair of kevlar jeans ever.

I guess the point of this review is to:
    • share that there are no hidden surprises with this purchase - you pay top dollar for a quality product.
    • raise awareness of this style of jeans - the majority of the kevlar jeans in the market are atrocious looking (each to their own) and there are fashionable options out there - this being one of them.
    That being said, the only downside of this purchase was the price. It currently retails for...

Price - $300

Thanks for reading - I'll be sure to keep this updated in the coming months (or years) in regards to how these jeans hold up to regular use. Feel free to ask me any questions!

- zan
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks, I was looking for a review on these. Been keen on them but wasn't sure if I was ready to part with so much cash
  3. Do you plan to wear motorcycle boots when riding at all ?

If yes you will have to have the jeans inside the boots as they wont fit outside the boots
    • Like Like x 1
  4. A hipsters dream cut, do they come with converse all stars and check shirt?
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Ouch. I don't think my nuts will fit in them ... I've got Drayko Drift's and thats cutting it close as is!

6. Additional extra's include:
    Royal Enfield + Open face turtle helmet + 1920's aviator goggles.....

The illusion is complete......
    • Like Like x 1

7. Nah, not at the moment.

Speaking of motorcycle boots - spotted these a couple weeks back! Definitely on my wishlist - just can't find a local importer of TCX gear and Revzilla don't ship to AUS for orders under $300.

Expecting 2x more hipster jokes now that I've said that :p
  8. You don't want those, you want the dainese technical sneakers :p

9. I got mine at fc-moto when they were on sale at the start of the year, the shipping is pretty cheap, or you could try here. ;)
    Ride safe! -Chris
  10. Worst idea ever! Boots are one of the most important bits of gear. You only get one set of ankles and they can't be rebuilt
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zan, I'm in for a pair of those, if that helps with shipping?
  12. I understand that, and I accept the risk... for now.

They go for $140 each so 2x still falls under the $300 minimum. I might just bundle them when I buy a leather jacket later this year.
  13. There's something else I'm thinking about getting from there. I'll let you know if I pul the trigger on it in the next few days and we'll combine shipping. I'm from the internet and you can trust me.

Fark Revzilla. Did a dummy quote and... Jesus no. The shipping was ridiculous.
  14. Go Fc-moto dude, shipping quote straight away and its super reasonable.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Duly noted. Thanks mate!
  16. How are they going after 2 and a bit months?
  17. I ended up going to AMX to try on a pair, but they were way too thick for me. Felt like I was wearing a triple layered pair of pants. I opted for the Drako's instead, nice and comfy, and don't look half bad either.
  18. Holding up quite well for regular use. Showing a bit of wear, but everything is sticking together.

I'll keep you guys updated as I approach 6 months, 12 months etc.