Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Draggin Pants

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Romus, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Hi guys.

Just a quick question. I never was a jeans person, so I got myself the Draggin Cargo pants. Now I start thinkin' I'm a sucker :)

Can the padded area around the knees and bum really help in a slide on the road?

I know it's late now but still :)
  2. I asked myself the same with my first pair. Thank god, I havnt yet had a chance to test them.
    The most reassuring thing is the reviews and endorsements from other riders....... and watching the video on their site :grin:
  3. can't speak for the cargo version, but I wear the standard draggins, and they've saved some serious gravel rash on two occasions.
    Two offs- small hole in jeans material, kevlar padding appears indestructable though!
  4. Ive had offs in the cargos. held up really well. no gravel rash or heat rash, just whopping great big bruises.
    some people report burns from the kevlar. But these hurt a hell of a lot less than road rash.
    personally Ive never got burns from them. they really saved my skin.
  5. Don't leave home without 'em.

And for the burn situation, as I have said on one (or 100) occasion before, buy yourself a pair of lycra 3/4 length gym pants and wear them underneath. Stops the burns when you fall, and the kevlar prickles in summer......
  6. or thermals ;)
  7. Thanks for reassurances guys :) I feel better hehe
  8. Do you wear the knee pads? Feels much safer with them in.
  9. Hide sided on Reefton doing less than 50kph, bike and I slid down the road, bike hit tree.....end of bike... I still wear the same dragg'ns, but it took nearly a month for the bruising to go down and the friction burn to heal. I wear silk thermals under the dragg'ns now.

Me in me undies.. you have been warned.

10. I got the same kevlar burn as nobby when i came off in my draggins at about 40kph (Same spot on my leg too :LOL:)

It hurt like hell but it's 100% better than having gravel rash.
  11. And at least you had the courtesy not to include photos. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. bloody hell, their should be a warning about the photos posted in this thread :shock: :shock: :evil: :LOL:
  13. Draggons are awsome, but for winter you are better of with leathers because of extra wind protection. And if you come off you have padding on your ass, so less brusing. Besides you can never get on a track with draggons on, so leathers are more versitile.
  14. You haven't been suckered.

Draggins and any brand of kevlarred jeans will avoid serious road rash in the event of a fall. They're better than normal jeans and worse than leather pants or armoured cordura pants.

Draggins now have "official" armour you can buy... I bought the knee pads the other day...
  15. Virtually all of my riding is commuting, not recreational (still fun, but!) That means I'm going to work, and that I'm not going balls-out. How comfortable would the Draggins be for wearing all day, because getting changed is just an extra step in my day I don't need. Otherwise, I wear boots that I wear all day and jacket, gloves and helmet that come on and off quickly and in public... So should I be worried that I'm wearing ordinary jeans, and that's the weak link in my armour?
  16. i lowsided at 80kms in me draggins.
    ripped holes in the fabric and pulled the pants to the left.
    i think they need more kevlar from hip to knee on the sides.
    because i didnt tuck them into my boots they pulled out of place.
    a lot of skin missing but culd have been worse.
    id rather wear textiles from now on though.
  17. G'day Bravus (funny where people turn up, isn't it)! :LOL:
  18. Whoa... It's a small web after all. ;) Good to see you man.
  19. I am the same and thought about wearing my draggins at work but after a couple of times I stopped. Due to a couple of reasons, $200 for a pair of jeans is steep, the kevlar is bit annoying and they aren't really that smart looking for a CBD office worker.

So now I wear draggins on the bike and keep a suit at work. Throw a shirt in the backpack and bit of gel for the hair and bingo one spunky looking city worker! :cool: OK one 40 year old bloke who doesn't frighten too many horses :LOL:

If you want to wear normal jeans a few blokes at work here wear a pair of textiles over the top, pretty bloody hot in summer though.
  20. I wear black draggins Chinos to work.

They look like work pants and means I don't have to change. Only problem is on close inspection you can see some fading and wear marks, etc that you wouldn't have on normal suit pants.

I'm not sure if they'd mind me wearing my draggin urban cam cargos but I prefer to look like i've made an effort.