Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Draggin' liners vs k-legs - Are they different products?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by snuff3r, Nov 2, 2011.

1. .NET is Australian
    .COM is American

Same names but different companies. And from what I've heard - American Draggin wont ship to Australia. There are a few threads on these US & AUS versions.
  2. Amazon ships to Au, so i should be able to get them from there.

I did a search and couldn't come up with anything.

So, the yellow ones should be just as good as the grey ones? They're a lot cheaper than the grey ones...
  3. Amazon ships to AU but I also found a few items (Shoes, bags etc from Amazon UK) that just come up as 'The selected item cannot be shipped to that location' at the time of payment.

Draggin US is much cheaper than AU but I believe they are the same quality.
  4. ^^ Yes, they are the same company.

5. I dont think so QV.

If you check the websites, they have no affiliations with each other and there is no mention of either the US branch or vice versa. I also remember reading somewhere about a legal tussle between the two and then could not find any more info. May be just call the AUS office (it's in Melbourne) and confirm. Plus Draggin US was started in 1996 & the AUS in 1997 :p

I started a similar THREAD a few months ago. Have a read - there are some interesting points there.
  6. Ahh, my search skills suck. Sorry.
  7. Hmmm, I was at Draggin HQ in Port Melb a few weeks ago and I'm sure that the owner there told me that it is an Australian label that has key distributors in different territories around the world. I Maybe my ears were painted on when he was telling me :)

I'll check out your thread anyway so thanks for the heads up!

8. They started as the same company in the 90s but there was then a falling out between the two creators (one Aussie, one seppo) and the company split.

The Aussie Draggins are more expensive, but are much better quality. They use a tighter knit Kevlar in their product and the denim also seems to be longer lasting (I have owned both). Also, the Aussie ones are made in Australia.
  9. I did not know about this.
  10. Here's some info about the difference between Australian and USA Draggin Jeans (direct from Australian Draggin Jeans)

The first being quality - The protective lining - in the Australian Draggin Jeans use a Kevlar and Dyneema blend of the World's Strongest Fibre™(patented only to ourselves). It is soft, breathable, flexible and non-allergenic the Draggin Jeans lining is hugely superior to basic woven or knitted Kevlar® alternatives. This is knitted for Draggin in the USA and shipped for local manufacture. Draggin Jeans are the only jeans in the world to have this lining, the Fast Company product uses an inferior lining that survives for less than half the time ours does in testing.

There are other companies in the market place producing Kevlar jeans. We buy all of the jeans released and test them with a independent laboratory in the UK. The best result achieved by a competitive product lasted 1.9 seconds, the worst lasted 0.2 seconds. That is one third the time of regular jeans.

The Australian Draggin Jeans are the only ones manufactured in our country, in Melbourne.

Some background info that may interest you also is... Draggin Jeans by the Fast Company and Draggin Australia used to be owned by two gentlemen. One looking after the USA and Grant Mackintosh (the Australian founder and owner) the rest of the world. However one of the partners passed away and the USA company went their own way.

Rest assured when you purchase from Draggin you get high-quality and are supporting both the Australian economy and an Aussie business. We at Draggin are very proud of the product we make, we could produce a product at a cheaper price point, but we would compromise safety and not be employing Australians. Our promise to riders is to always to what is best for motorcyclists by providing the best protective motorcycle jeans.

If you have any further questions I will be glad to help, we want your experience with Draggin to be pleasant and we hope we can be of service to you.

Kind regards,

Jacinda Gleeson
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1