Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Draggin kevlar liners

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by VCM, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Thought this may be of interest. They are Draggin liners ( underwear) :shock:
    Not sure if they are avail from Draggin in Melb but you can order em from Draggin in the USA.

2. doesn't look to comfortable, recently i've been buying hornee jeans, some of my mates loved them so much they bought a pair & they don't even ride a bike, helps when they go pillioning though.

3. I'm new to all the Draggin info, have only tried on one pair, they were not a good fit, not comfortable.

Seems like the Aus and US draggin websites both lay claim to being the founders of the company, which is why I wondered if there was a cheap knock-off in the US, wouldn't be the first time that's been done, would it?
  4. I could be wrong about this, but I think contrary to the popular belief (popular in Australia anyway) Draggins are not an Australian invention. The guy who started the ball rolling, Hal Baxter, was American - he died in 2001, in motorcycle accident. Anyway, the company he started is based in the US, their jeans are made in the US, and as far as I can tell, they are the original Draggins!

True, there is Draggins Australia operation we all know and love. I own a pair of Draggins I bought in Sydney and they in fact claim to be 'made in Australia'. But I think they are some kind of offshot or franchise of the American company, not the other way around.
  5. The Company logo is identical from what I can tell
    Draggin Jeans Aust was est 1997, Hal Baxter founded Fast Company in 1993 and shortly began marketing his new invention, Draggin' Jeans.
    My guess is the company operates from other countries other than the US.
    Distributors sell to retailers and do not manufacture.
    .. I could be wrong :?
  6. Rumours about the 'long johns' have been around since 2001 - so its not as if its just a new idea that some company has made as a 'knock-off'!

The fact that it's on a US website proves a fact - Australia either gets the good stuff extremely late or not at all! :mad:
  7. +1 for the hornee's

been down the road twice in the same pair and they're still kicking :LOL:

really comfy too, more comfortable than draggins imo
  8. My set arrived last week! :grin:

A few thoughts about them...

1) They're sized pretty generously. I have a 39-40 inch waist depending on how much i've eaten that day :LOL: and the large (branded as 36 to 38) fit nice and easy.

The legs are also pretty generous, the reason I think would be so you can accommodate the knee/shin armour that they sell.

All in all, if you want them to fit tight, I would suggest you go down at least one size.

2) The knit of the kevlar is more open when you compare it to the kevlar shirt, or even the kevlar swatches in the pants, the reason I think in order to increase air-flow so you don't overheat.

All in all, i'm happy with the purchase as i'll be using them as a last resort barrier rather than as the only barrier for the asphalt.
  9. Draggin Cargoes ROCK. I still have my first very faded black cargoes from like 7 years ago... I buy a new "going out pair" every year... LMAO... I reckon they're great - they just fade far too fast. The khaki ones hold their colour better...

I've also got a pair of draggin jeans... I don't like them - too uncomfortable, too unfashionable.

Hornee's look good on the right body shape though... post your hornee ass picks here: :grin:
  10. Carol, draggin jeans for some reason arent to flattering on women.

I think though that they have released some more women style jeans to fit better. Check with your local stockist, or ring draggin themselves here in Melbourne..

And Rob, go the Traffic Worn style draggin. Heaps more comfy and look much more with it than the classics.. Linky linky for you .. :grin:

11. Mate, they do look better than the standard... hmmm, might have to give them a second look.
  12. Thats what i wear mate.. Dont know if you remember them or not though..
  13. Reaaaalllly???! I there I thought you were just being a fashion plate! :LOL:

Right, definitely give them a second look.
  14. I have had 2 draggins tear around the thigh area and pocket areas just from washing use! :shock:
  15. You wash them in the yangtze by beating them against a rock???
  16. I agree, the majority of womens Draggins look like grandma pants :shock:
    I have a pair of Draggin skins that are really comfy and look like normal jeans! I love them :grin:
  17. anyone up for a group buy on these liners?

also, anyone got a review on how these fair in a slide?
  18. anybody interested if i produce a generic version of these?
  19. I may be .. :)