Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Draggin Jeans Oil Skins

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by buddabing, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Hi All,
    Looking for some Kevlar Jeans. I live in Melbourne and have dri rider textile pants for the wet weather and long trips but looking for some jeans for short trips in winter. I saw the Draggin Oil Skins on their company web page and they say they are water and wind resistant. Does any one have these? Can they comment on how much better they keep the wind out that the standard draggins? Does anyone else have any comments on warmer kevlar Jeans? What are the RST kevlar jeans like?

2. Draggin jeans are good and well made. I've seen those oilskin ones and they are sort of sealed like a Drizabone coat, I'd say they'd be windproof and water resistant.
    They also have ones called Slix that are sealed/waxy looking and might work in a similar way.
  3. Hi
    The Draggin Oilskins are made from a fabric called Fortress, the fabric itself is waterproof but as we do not tape the seams and they have regular pockets and zip we call them water resistant. They will keep water out for some time and are much more windproof than regular Draggins. The Slix have a silicone wash, they look shiny but are no more wind or water proof than regular Draggins.

Compared to RST jeans Draggin will be at least 2-3 times more abrasion resistant.

Your other option to consider the Hydro that are more like a textile pant but have also the Roomoto performance lining. Traditional textiles have an abrasion resistance time of 0.2-0.5 seconds where the Hydro in the same tests last
  4. #4 DragginJeans.net, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  5. Thanks Draggin, I ended up buying a pair of Twista in dark blue. They just looked way to cool and you could see the difference in quality between them and the other brands. Also love the fact that its an Aussie company. I picked them up from AMX Superstore in Epping. They have the best staff there and did a great job showing me all the features.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hey DragginJeans.netDragginJeans.net ,
    I have a general question for you.
    Why is the coin pocket on the wrong side of your jeans?
    All my pants/jeans have the coin pocket on the right side, yours all seem to have the coin pocket on the left.
    Is there any logic to this or was it just an early design mistake that's never been fixed?
  7. I'm actually going to contradict the above and say that from experience the Slix are warmer than the standard fabric Draggins. Maybe the silicone wash swells the threads, or closes some of the gap between, I don't know. They definitely feel hotter in summer. No more waterproof unfortunately.
  8. Hi pwbike

The reason behind it was to allow throttle control if you needed to stop and pay tolls, also why the coin pocket is very wide to allow use with a glove on.

Good pick up!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hi Caz64
    The Oilskins are a very low volume style so sized as mens however they can be worn by anyone, guys or girls.
    The best thing to do is to try them on, please let me know if you need a size guide to convert.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The process isn't elusive witchcraft so you could make your own if you really wanted to.
  11. I don't want to...lazy :p