Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Draggin Jeans 100% Kevlar Gloves

Discussion in 'Gloves' started by vic, Dec 16, 2008.

1. I picked up a pair of the Draggin Jeans 100% Kevlar Gloves last week as I don't have a pair of summer gloves.

These are the gloves that I'm reviewing.

They are really light and the open weave of the kevlar allows a heap of air through which is fantastic on hot days as your hands stay nice and cool.

Just don't do what I did and see how far you can ride with them on at night when the temp is 13c,

I made it from Sth Melbourne to Williamstown road just over the Westgate bridge and had to pull over to change gloves. My hands were aching despite the heated grips being on full.

They feel as if you are not wearing much at all. Probably perfect for those riders that I have seen that don't wear gloves at all.

Of course they offer no impact protection but you should have excellent abrasion protection. (sorry, I just can't bring myself to test them out)

For the measly price of $35 you really can't go wrong.

The added feel that you get of the controls is really nice too.
    They come with a large strip of velcro strap that secures them to your wrists and once on, fell like they won't come off in the event of a spill.

You can wear them as a inner liner for added protection and warmth.
    The fact that kevlar can withstand heat up to 400c they are pretty good as a pit glove too. Handling hot parts would be pretty comfortable I'd imagine.

I would give the product 5/5 stars

2. Where are did you get them Vic? Sound ideal for full on Summer days.
  3. The other thing they are good for is protecting your hands from burns if you have to put them anywhere near a hot exhaust. DAMHIK :roll:
  4. Hence why the heated grips did nadda ??
  5. They are perfect for stifling hot days.

I got them from Draggin Jeans .

Click on their banner when it pops up ;)
  6. Is there some sort of standard for testing riding gear?
    is there an Authority that actually takes these products and 'crashes' them to see how good they really are?

would be interesting to see real world tests on riding gear to sort the crap from quality.
  7. The Draggins gear is tested to some USA standards, it's on their website.
  8. I use them in the pits, when I have to work on hot bikes. Perfect.
  9. doesnt seem like theres much preventing them from just being pulled off?
  10. I forget to undo the velcro straps sometimes and attempt to pull the gloves off.

They refuse to come off.

There you go, you stand corrected ;)