Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dr Meredith Doig for Vic Federal Senate - Sex Party

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Chevalier, Apr 20, 2016.

1. A copy and Paste from a campaign launch email that might be of interest:

Australian Sex Party Leader Fiona Patten MP will officially launch the campaign for Victorian federal senate candidate Dr Meredith Doig on Thursday April 21 at Brunswick bar Naked for Satan.

“I am delighted to launch Meredith’s campaign for the senate,” said Ms Patten. “She is an outstanding candidate and would be an invaluable voice in Canberra for all Victorians. She has a wealth of experience in the private and public sector and as President of the Rationalists Society has been at the forefront of progressive policy in Australia.”

Dr Doig said commented she is particularly keen to see government decision-making based more on science and evidence rather than ideological biases. She said that the Australian Sex Party is the only political group in the nation where progressive views are put forward.

“To me, it makes sense – common sense,” said Dr Doig. “The Australian Sex Party is unashamedly about socially progressive policies, but at the same time, it’s about less government interference with people’s lives, We’re for more freedom – responsible freedom – and smaller government rather than more and more bureaucracy. “

Aside from her professional and activist work, Meredith was also Australia’s first Chief Motorcycle Instructor and advised the Federal Government on motorcycle safety in the 1990s.

“I got my first bike the day after my 18th birthday and I’ve been riding ever since – though these days I must admit I’m a bit of a fair weather rider. It may be high risk but it’s also high reward!”

Dr Doig has already begun campaigning and has high hopes of taking out the final senate spot in Victoria with pollsters agreeing she has a great chance at this double dissolution election.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wot? No piccie?
  3. Great personality though :whistle:
  4. we were all hotter before we started getting the salt n pepper..
  5. Was that before the vinegar strokes?
  6. everyone puts a younger picture on their Linked-In :)

but seriously though, any Pollie that rides a bike and wears a "Vote 1 SEX" T-shirt... has to be milesbetter than the current ijits

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1