Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

<Dr Evil Voice>I'm the boss, need the info!!!</Dr E

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by matt232, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Although Veypor's marketing department haven't officially released the details, I found the following in "TechBike" magazine:

"....Veypor's newest innovation uses a digital capture device, linked to the sophisticated 3-axis accelerometer. Harnessing the power of Veypor's unique data recording system, the tiny CCD camera mounted in the speedometer records images of the rider whilst a touch-pad in the the twist grip records a fingerprint.

The data capture system can be set to trigger at a predetermined acceleration. Veypor recommends a setting of 5Gs."

I DEFINATELY see a huge market for something like this :wink: Hmmm...where did I leave that line and sinker?
  2. Yer talk dirty to me baby!!!! :LOL:

:LOL: Wish I had this thing during "the thrashing" so I could have thrown data logged info and mug shots down in front them to stop thier weaseling ways. Let me know when they release that module Mark, I'll be there in a flash!!! :D

P.S. You'll keep!!!
  3. Cool.
    Roger that.
    G: Out. 8)
  4. pretty nifty, but i want one built into the helmet when i buy it :D
  5. No good for me as i cant stand anything on my visor as it is without something i cant rub off while im riding. 3 to 5 seconds for a person to take their eyes off the road to focus on the instruments then back again :shock: What a load of crock .
  6. no good for open face helmet
  7. Well at £249.99 JUST for the HUD unit... i don't think i'll be getting one any time soon. Not to mention the actual Veypor unit is another £239.99.

So that's a total of about $1250AU + p&h just for the unit & HUD display. I mean, hell yeah... if i had that kinda money lying around; already had my garage full of toys and felt like a new wanky gadget to show off at coffee nights... ;)