Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Down but not out

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by VTRBob, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Even low speed highsides arnt good for the body or the bike!
    cant complain though been over ten years since i put a bike down this heavy :)

Come out of the T intersection at the end of Foxeys street and a combination of cold tyres and oil / coolant ? on the road had me halfway around the corner when the back end let go, no prob i've lost count of how many times she's done that :p
    however had it all under control until the rear decided to grip again. and the unwanted / unexpected flick back round to the right, had me helmet 1st into the road.
    Sobil who was right behind me got to see my attempt at auditioning for circ de sole , as i face planted into the road

Bike : Bar end bent , forks twisted in the tripple clamps, front indicater,RHS fairing,inner fairing, ( due to the low speed crunch and pushing the indicater right through )
    RH engcover, RH peg bracket , ducktail will live as the ventura rack took most of the impact up the back.

Helmet will live short term ( but was due for a new one anyway )

Me : bruised Knee, and just got back from Monash Xray with all clear on a broken arm , just got extensive soft tissue damage

:)

So in conclusion the 6pac of johnny walker i was on my way to get, cost me about $200 a can

:LOL: :( :LOL:

2. Sorry to hear about your off. Hopefully wont take you long to get back to 100%. Hope the bike can be fixed quickly

Bloody expensive 6 pack :eek:

3. Damn..sorry to hear about the damage to you and your bike. :wink:

P.S.Did you happen to get those cans btw?

4. not good news bob
    glad your ok
    , should have walked down the pub on the end of the street instead of riding

5. bad to read about your drop bob... Good that it didn't hurt you tho..

6. Remind me not to go to your bottle shop , too damn expensive

good to see that you have no real damage

7. now i know why you would not let any one touch them!!!

btw good to here you got the ok on the arm

8. Ow! Sorry to hear about the drama Bob, but at least the arm isn't broken.

Here's to a speedy recovery! :)

9. Hope the repairs aren't expensive and you get some lovin for that brusing :D

10. Glad all is well Bob . This is why i dont drink :LOL: .

11. Sorry tio hear about your off Bob,
    hope you and the bike get better soon.

12. bad luck bob, i suppose that's the bike equivalent of a 'fender bender'...

hope you and the bike are back out there soon.

13. oh bob stop being modest.

here's the real truth.....

bob was hammering the 400m round the corner, having a bit of fun sliding out under control when the bloody L plater on a mangled fzr pulled the anchors right in front of him. Rather than cause the L plater to have an off due to bob pushing the fzr aside, bob eased it off gently only to find traction sooner than expected. bob was flying through the air over the fzr rider, started rolling for a good 50 meters before coming to a stop. Oh and the bike got written off too. then the cops came down breath tested bob and then locked him up.........

I KNOW, I WAS THERE.... :wink:

14. Bob, Bob, Bob, sorry to hear about all of that.

Didn't mother warn you drinking was bad? :p

15. Bad luck Bob, shit happens sometimes

Cheers 8)

16. Bad news Bob :( Glad you're OK, remember it's just a bike and you're infinitely more important than that. I think that's what you told me when you came to pick me up off the bitumen ;)

Hope the bruising goes away fast, get that Voltaren Gel into it and keep doing it, that stuff is great for soft tissue hits.

Hope you're up and at 'em real soon :)

17. glad to hear you got off lightly:)

18. Glad to hear you're not broken. Here's to a speedy recovery.

19. Sorry to hear about your off bob. Hope you feel better real soon..

20. Oohh good to hear your arm's not broken. Just a shame about Nicole :(

Speedy recovery of both man and bike :D