Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Doohan said what about Rossi?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by E2W, Apr 12, 2011.

1. I came across this article on MotoGP.com but within minutes of being published it had been deleted. It was only when I went into the history of my web browser that I manged to get it back on the screen. I thought it was worth publishing on my website.

EDIT: Link is now fix to go to MotoGP original story.
  2. to be fair, it was probably deleted for a reason.

Having said that, he does have a point, rossi isn't getting any younger. He's probably got a few GP trophies left in him but the other riders won't be hanging around for him.
  3. Not at all interested in what who has to say about who but thank you for posting as it took me to your website and i have just spent a enjoyable 30 minutes reading posts from a hatred of tyre foam to your apparent love of the CBR600RR.

Great site and good work, if you were in Adelaide you have my business in a flash based on your site :)
  4. Soooooo -- Rossi for WSBK ?
  5. Just looked this morning on MotoGP.com and article has been published back on the site but moved to an other menu down the bottom of the page.
  6. Im sure DORNA would give Rossi many millions for that not to happen. On the other hand Im sure the owners of WSBK would give him millions to make it happen. Would be another nail in the coffin of MotoGP if he did jump ship. :popcorn:
  7. I personally prefer WSBK - more in touch with the riders as more makes etc
  8. I think moto2 is as good as it gets for full grids and close racing, much better than motoGP.
  9. was Rossi ever in WBSK ?
  10. He rode a WSBK spec bike at the Suzuki 8 hour a few times if that counts?
  11. Gets my vote, hope it stays that way.

On topic, unfortunately I think Mick is on the money. The Duke is going to take some time to develop if it's ever really going to stand a chance of being a champion's bike, that's time that Rosco can't afford. If he pulls it off and gets another championship on it that will end the argument of who's the best rider for all time. While others want to see the Moaner get up, I want to see Rossi achieve the almost impossible, he deserves it.
  12. Doohan is right. Rossi is at the tail end of his career in Racing. That doesn't mean that he won't win another Championship.
  13. It doesn't take the experience of Doohan to know Rossi is heading towards the tail end of his career however, I believe Rossi will only stop being competitive once the motivation level disappears and as long as there is a Ducati that needs to be sorted his motivation will remain as high as ever.

People pleaded with Hailwood not to return to the IOM TT in '78 but he did and he won, he couldn't even get a factory bike to ride the belief in him was so little.