Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Don't miss the Grands Prix from Motegi!!

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by rc36, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Bridgestone riders took out the top 3 placings in the first official practice session for this weekend's MotoGP race at Motegi.

Friday Combined Practice:

1. John Hopkins (Suzuki) 1:47.952

2. Loris Capirossi (Ducati) 1:48.053

3. Kenny Roberts (Suzuki) 1:48.263

4. Valentino Rossi (Yamaha) 1:48.574

5. Sete Gibernau (Honda) 1:48.582

6. Alex Barros (Honda) 1:48.620

7. Nick Hayden (Honda) 1:48.646

8. Max Biaggi (Honda) 1:48.718

9. Carlos Checa (Ducati) 1:48.730

10. Marco Melandri (Honda) 1:48.751

11. Makoto Tamada (Honda) 1:48.776

12. Colin Edwards (Yamaha) 1:48.898
  2. Good to see john Hopkins up there. Let's hope he can actually keep up with the rest of them when the real racing begins!
  3. Loris Capirossi will start from pole for tomorrow's Japanese MotoGP race with Suzuki's John Hopkins 2nd (making it top two spots for Bridgestone-shod bikes)

Rounding out the front row is Marco Melandri

Then comes Makato Tamada, Max Biaggi and Nicki Hayden with Valentino Rossi, seeking to wrap up his 7th World Title this weekend, languishing down in 11th place, nearly asecond off Capirossi's pole time

Broadcast tomorrow at 11:30 am on FoxSports2
  4. First, how was this "prophetic" thread title done? Secondly, Bayliss is out. What a bummer. Oh well, might still watch it....
  5. The way I see it Bayliss was never in it this year so it dont really matter much to me if he's out!
    I'll still be watching hoping for anyone to win except Rossi :!:

But for me the real intrest lies with the 250's
    Lets go Casey-Stoner :D
  6. Looks like the Bridgestone brigade have it over the others on this track, could be an interesting race.
  7. Was qualifying in the wet?

Just thinking about that Suzuki in P2. :-k
  8. No, all of the Bridgestone runners did well in qualifying, but over race distance may be a different story.

I am suprised that Nakano is not in the top ten, as the bike has been getting progressively stronger as the seaon progresses and he is on Bridgestones.

250's will be close, Pedrosa qualifying 7th and Stoner 9th. Should be a mad scramble for both to get up the front in the first few laps as they usually try to do.
  9. Nothing magical. I posted free practice times yesterday and then edited that post with the new title today. As far as I know, only the person who started the thread can edit its title (I've only ever done it twice)
  10. Test Reply

Fairy nuff. Thought that perhaps you might've also had the numbers to last night's Lotto on Friday, perhaps.....

11. I WISH!!!!!

No, since Honda also owns the Motegi track as well as Suzuka, I can't see that they're going to be real cocky atm.

Races start in an hour on Foxtel
  12. If you don't have foxtel and missed the live broadcast make sure you tune in to Channel 10 tonight to watch the races. Three enthralling races and 3 unexpected results, won't say anything more than that.