Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dont know about you guys but i'd buy one!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Zealt, May 14, 2008.

1. Came across this on a great site called Engadget..

www.engadget.com

http://nonobjectbook.com/nUCLEUS/

Hella ugly, im all for the idea of an electric motorbike, mainly because how electric motors produce their torque. :grin: instantly..

2. But how much torque?

I does have... interesting... styling.
    I bet it handles like it looks.

3. As soon as they make a bike with 300hp that makes me instantly as good a rider as the best GP boys, irresistable to female models the world over and runs on 2 double a batteries, included, I'll buy one. Until then you can keep you battery operated bike and continue waving your finger at the likes of me who likes to burn precious resources in the search for power.

4. at least someones doing something about moving in that direction, even if it does look like two bits of wooden board stuck each side of a motorbike.

5. Yeah but crosswinds are a biatch.

6. Zero Emission // Zero Impact Speed // Zero design ability

7. Honestly, it's like someone told a graphics designer "Do a model of a what would happen if a fridge f*cked a BMW... then make it impractical."

8. My bosses brother is selling electrical motorcycles in Australia at the moment, they are about $18K and only have a 150Km range though :p but at least the look alright. Still wouldn't ever consider one unless it was dirt cheap and fast :p

9. Looks like they've designed a car too:

[​IMG]

10. I rather like it.

Very 1930's Totalitarian Propaganda Poster :grin: .

11. As soon as they make a bike with 300hp that makes me instantly as good a rider as the best GP boys, irresistable to female models the world over irrespective of the engine I'll buy one

12. Looks like someone launched their bike into a filing cabinet!

I think electric bikes are only going to be competitive when they go harder and are cheaper than existing bikes. I think scooters will adopt the technology before bikes (mainly as scooters are more commuter bases where as bikes, generally for fun/power)

13. IIIZZZZZZ NNNIIIIISSSSSEEEEE (Borat voice) :)

14. electric engines sounds piss weak compared to an internal combustion engine too. and like the electric car off the simpsons. everyone will think your gay if you ride it :p

15. Having stood next to a few really big electric motors when they were spooling up, I'd dispute whether this is true in all cases. :grin:

16. all those sharp edges dont look very safe. for pedestrians or you.

17. ...not to mention it looks like an ikea book case on it's side.