Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Don't feed the troll!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by fekkinell, Nov 21, 2009.

1. I'm sitting here wearing my tinfoil anti-mind reading paranoia hat, and I'm wondering if there's a new conspiracy lurking within the depths of Netrider.

TinFoilHatArea.

Has anyone else noticed that since the TAC nonsense there are a lot of new members commenting on ATGATT and road trauma?

Or do I need an extra wrapping of tinfoil and some pipe cleaner antennas to confuse the CIA scientists? 8-[

2. TAC infiltrators?
    Let 'em come. They will be assimilated...

3. We will beguile them with soothing words and gentle phrases into a Nodding thread where they will be trapped for eternity, (Evil Laughter):demon:

4. Can you pm me details of posters whom you suspect?
    I will run a check.
    Thanks.

5. Any luck Smee?

6. All the gear all the time u squids

7. I can't find the ones that made me suspicious now. The reason for the paranoia hat is I'm not sure whether it's them posting propaganda, or just newbies parroting the ads they've seen. :?

8. Or maybe there have been a couple of crashes on the Tuesday night learner ride...

9. No one has pm'ed me at least pm me the threads.

10. yeh, I think I've noticed it coming up a bit as well. There is the one in multimedia + news articles may seem to boost numbers, though I'm sure there have been one or two more.

11. Is it really a huge issue though? At the worst it will be irritating, but like all trolls (and my cat, as it turns out) if you don't feed them they shut up and go away.

This is an internet forum after all, and trolls are inevitable.

12. Paranoia

Paranoia is a thought process heavily influenced by excessive anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. In the original Greek, παράνοια (paranoia) simply means madness (para = outside; nous = mind). Historically, this characterization was used to describe any delusional state.

13. Yes there are plants from the TAC in the forums as there are plants from the police and VIC roads as well as MUARC, there are also plants from the MRA but they are more like vegetables 8-[

14. +1 what Zenali said as well as some offs at TNMR and, in my case alone, there have been significant accidents on full day rides:
    24 Oct- GOR- Kevin on Ducati (write off, no major injury)
    3 Nov- Noogee- Luke on V-Star (write off, minor injury)
    7 Nov- GOR- matt on Triumph (not hurt, but beautiful bike trashed)
    14 Nov Reefton/Marysville- Phil Landers (still in a coma)

This coupled with the significant negative and occasional positive coverage given to TAC by Netrider forums recently, I'm not surprised more and more Netriders are pleading for some restraint and care on rides.

For the record, I'm not a plant.

15. More plants than backyard blitz.

16. Doesn't matter. Easy to spot.

17. Not a write off. Wish it was. I'd have a new one by now.

18. What Rog said the plants are piss easy to spot.

19. sorry Luke, my bad.

Musta been close though.

See you back soon I hope.