Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dont complain about fuel economy

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Removed_User6, Dec 12, 2005.

1. As some of you are aware , I have had a busy weekend. it was The Patriots National General Meeting and it was hosted in Melbourne This year.
    We were the Hosting chapter .
    anyway , sunday was ride day and then groups and chapters broke off from the ride to head home.
    nearly ( inc support vechicles) 1 kilometre of bikes rumbling up the hume and did a big circle and differant chapters broke of at differant points and headed off in the own direction home.
    I was one of the blockers for the run ( being only 2 sports bikes in our chapter) and needless to say any reason to go sick is fun :wink:
    a blocker for those who dont know what they do ( is someone who run up and down the sides of the pack making sure that intersections and lights are clear to allow the whole pack through as one)
    The pack or group can move forward through and intersection quite quickly and efficantly if it is done properly .(200 bikes through an intersection is about 30 seconds).
    anyway , when we got our first stop , thought I would just top up the fuel as the ride was going to be just over 200 kms long .
    I had done 69.5 Km and used 5.45 litres :LOL:

2. Two sports bikes, don't you feel like the odd one out? LOL... Well I know that I certainly would... Depending on the situation I guess.

That aint bad fuel economy... Espcially for a 1000cc I love bike fuel economy... It is great!
  3. Odd one out? bugger that sounds like he was to busy twisting the wrist to worry about that.
  4. What were the rest of the rock apes getting around on...........scooters :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers 8)
  5. sorry double post :oops:
  6. much to the discust of some other riders. :LOL:
    Anyone whos never done it wont understand , but there is nothing like it :LOL:

generally the sports bikes get lumbered with the job as they are quicker , but its not a job that is boring thats for sure .

and a nice hello to the policeman in wallan :oops: :wink: :LOL:
  7. Glen, get that VTR down to Phillip Island mate and really see your fuel economy drop.

Arab oil barons will be jumping for glee in there gold palaces.

Greenpeace will be protesting out the front gates and will hurl there knitted hemp beanies at you.

I reckon I used 6-7 litres of fuel per 15 minute session.
  8. So you get to the intersection ahead of the others and stop all the other traffic so the pack can get thru?

How do you manage to do that?
  9. VtrElmarco wrote

:shock: :shock: :shock: Least your saving fuel at the moment Mark :p :LOL:
  10. Well you stop at the intersection ahead ... Tell them to stop or a bunch of angry bikers are gunna knock their heads in... How hard is that? LOL :LOL:
  11. See, you're still new to the club groberts, so they're still giving you the shitkicker's apprentice jobs :p
  12. Its ok to be the odd one out if you are superior :)
  13. i typed up a big reply but its too hard to explain all the aspects of it .
    but if you want to see how it works feel free to come for a ride with the Patriots and see , you will be suprised or ask me at coffee night .
    I dont want to get into an arguement on line about safety aspects.
  14. But no matter what he's riding, Glen's always going to be the odd one out... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: