Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Don't bloody spoil it

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Haggismaen, Apr 20, 2007.

1. MotoGP Sunday night. Not all of us are going to watch it Sunday night.

I don't wanna see no threads titled "Melandri/Rossi/Stoner WINS!!!!11111oneoneone" when I happen to be browsing sometime Monday.

I already have to contend with loud mouthed bastards at work, I do not need you lot making it that much more difficult for me to keep my head buried in the sand until the Intarnutz does it's thing and I download it.

Thank you for heeding this PSA.

2. The first person that does will have their account removed in an instant.

One of my pet hates is people posting spoilers.
  3. What if the subject title is something like:

"[Motogp Spoiler] What a race!!!"
  4. I don't think I've seen a thread titled in that way here ever? :?

But that's OK, we'll all contain our excitement for the race result to ourselves just so you can get a few extra hours sleep :roll: :p
  5. That's fine. That's what I meant that I wanted to see.
    Anyone, I don't care how long they have been here, how many posts they have up, if anyone posts results of the MotoGP, SBK, F1, in the subject, they will have their accounts removed.

End of story, not negotiable.
  6. Hmmmm. I did this after the first round in Qatar. Why wasn't my account removed Vic, did I get let off? I couldn't work out why the Thread was removed. Then it clicked, not everyone was able to watch it. Yes I'm an idiot!

Sorry everyone, I was a little too excited and not thinking straight.
  7. It can be hard sometimes as an innocuous thread may get a spoiler of some sort added to it (MotoGP race winner, what happens in tonights episode of Home and Away). Is it possible to enable spoiler tags on the site? It matches the text to the background colour, and the text has to be highlighted to be read. Works like...

And the winner is...

Here it is in action:

8. just keep the info inside the thread and there is no problem.
  9. Yeah, but that means you need a thread with 'SPOILER' in the subject heading that contains any spoiler at all. If a spoler is posted in a thread, then the whole thread becomes a spoiler and then access is divided between those who know the spoiler and those who dont. The tags mean that everyone can post in the same thread, and spoiler reading is a personal preference. I am just querying whether is something thats easy to add as its always handy to have access to.