Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Donations for Mav, Please help if you can

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by goz, Mar 17, 2013.

1. #1 goz, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013

On Monday, 11 March 2013, 30 year old Mark Anthony Vella was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident on the Old Pacific Highway, Calga NSW.
    Mark left behind many faithful friends, a loving family, but more devastatingly, a devoted and loving fiancé, a 21 month old son who adored his daddy, and an unborn child who is due in ten weeks.
    This young family were incredibly happy with a need for nothing but each other, sadly this has been taken from them. Mark was a local man and he and his fiancé recently purchase their first home in Wyoming.
    Whilst family and friends gather to show their incredible support and love, other people in the wider community, affected by this family’s story, have offered their time, sympathy, love and donations to help Mark’s fiancé and her children move past the tragedy and settle into a new life without their loving partner and father.
    As she is a strong woman with great pride, we, Mark’s friends and extended family appeal to you, his friends, peers, local community and businesses to help us make life a little easier for Mark’s fiancé and children.

Thanks guys

For the Sydney folk, funeral arrangement's for those that wish to attend are @ https://netrider.net.au/posts/2547458
    • Like Like x 6
  2. How do you keep the thread seeable, without regular posts wont it just slide off the page.
  3. Sticky
  4. Yeah i get that, is Mouth the one to do that, and will he? Maybe for a week or two.
  5. In this case until it is possibly made sticky I don't think a bump will hurt.
  6. Nearly $1000. Who wants to give a quick tenner to push it there.
  7. even tho i'm ghetto ass broke i donated abit....will just make sure to fix up the womans credit card before she notice's :whistle:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. No i don't think it will.
  9. Stickied.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Goz is this the main one?......Peter also gave me an account for the trust fund thingie.
  11. guys just use the netrider one you have setup. once it reaches its goal maybe we can then think about transferring the amount into little doms trust account.
  12. ok ill have it in there tonight
  13. Half way to the goal. Good work guys.
  14. awesome work, netrider people rock
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Once the goal is reached, increase it!

Think about transferring when the donations coming in start to taper off.

My 2c.

• Like Like x 3
  16. C'mon peeps,

We still need to raise at least another $1500 and every dollar helps so even a coupla bucks would be well appreciated.

Thanks to all of you who've donated so far.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Just did the donation.

Thanks netrider for doing this.
  18. will give it a few more days then pass it on to Maria, great effort
    • Like Like x 1
  19. @goz i will leave this in your capable hands. you can present the account details or however and whenever you wish to do it, to maria yourself. she'd be really happy to see you too. Her sister passed on the trust account card and details to maria today.

maria passes her love on to everyone and in her exact words "could you please send a special thankyou to them from me? XXXX has presented me a bank card to me which appears to be filled with love and generosity. "thank you" from the bottom of my heart for their outreach"

• Like Like x 2