Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Doing the numbers to convert a stock R6

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Respi, Dec 4, 2012.

1. #1 Respi, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    I got bored and did some shopping last night just to see where I'd end up if I went balls out to make a decent tracky/racebike.I did forget the PC and AT, but I'm sure you get the idea...I did :S

p.s not sure why it's so small, but for those that can't make it out - total = 10k plus.

2. The exhaust and wheels cost more than I want to spend on a tracky :cry:
  3. Lol - I did say balls out hehe
  4. Yep I could drop 10k into my existing track bike faster than kev curtain can lap EC!

Still cheaper than cars any day
  5. #5 Camo., Dec 4, 2012
    If I win the 20 mill tonight, I may get you guys to do a spot of shopping for me

Edit: apparently it's only 13 mill, may have to watch that budget lol
  6. Mate if I win ill spot ya a tracky on one condition.... You must attend every track day event on the calendar!!!
  7. Why go for Al wheels instead of magnesium or CF?
    No high comp pistons?

How close are you to riding again?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Respi, Dec 4, 2012
    To be honest I really don't know Lilley... Motorcycles have always made me happy and messing around like this kinda makes me feel better about being off for so long.

I do talk a big game about riding again, but truth be told I don't even know if I can get my leg to comfortable sit in th race position...
  9. Do
    Done and done!
    Not sure how the boss'll feel about all those days off...I didn't win last night, hence I still have a boss.
  10. I cant see the list but I can promise you there is NO need to spending that kind of cash. Set you're bike up for Superstock and save yourself a good 8K. I bought and set up an 08 R6 for under 8 grand, and it's fast as anything.

Dont' waist you're cash!
  11. I think he's pretty keen to drop some coin just because, everyone's aims are different, & most non-pro's will always be slower than the machinery is capable of, but so what, it makes a fun thing even better. Setting one up a brand new for superstock is little change from 22-23K if you are starting from scratch and paying rrp. All that stuff you get for nothing 2nd hand that costs the original buyer full price.

Don't forget you still need paint, postage, customs/gst, tyres for dry & wet, more gearing, PC, dyno, steering head bearings, brake lines, pads . There's obv things you dont need in that list, ti vs. the SS equivalent exhaust, slipper vs modded oem etc. & more a comment I suppose, but heaps of coin ready to be dropped and no engine work - why build an SS bike with a stock engine?
  12. Get an el cheapo bike to go faster, all that worry about binning a super exy bike disappears ;)...........might not be good for the body though heheh.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I don't think Respi intended to buy all that...making a wish list to kill some boredom was the way I read it?

My dream tracky is a standard 2nd hand sport bike, outlay for purchase sub 3k, suspension sprung for my fat ass and some sticky rubber.
    I'd be one happy mofo if I could afford a cheapy like that :)
  14. That can be had, theres some PCRA/St George competitive bikes for that price......get cracking before I get tempted to buy it ;)

15. yep - that was the point.. a little fun ;)

Generally speaking, suspension, rear sets, levers and good rubber is all I do.
  16. No worries man, you can't knock anyone for what they do to their trackbike either way.