Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Doing the intro thing!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Bert62, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Currently riding a 2016 FJR 1300 Yamaha. Good to be back on the sports tourer after trying 2 different HD's (just didn't fit the mold). With the new bike comes an update of riding gear. The dollars are starting to add up, but i think everyone can relate to that:D. Well that my intro of sorts, talk soon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey Bert62Bert62, welcome to NR and back from the "dark side" (y). Looking forward to your input and some photos of your lovely Yamma!
  3. I've read some good things about the new FJR. How are you finding it?

And welcome to NR...
  4. welcome aboard :)
  5. Welcome to NR :)
  6. welcome to Netrider Bert!
  7. Welcome to NR. I'm yet to get the HD out of my system, having never ridden one. It's good to see you can come out on the other side and land on something great like an FJR.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome :D I like the sport tourer style.
  9. If you'd have bought a white one, with panniers and top box, people would tend to get out of your way more ;)

10. I've got a greyhound called Bert, that's not you playing with my laptop is it Bert ??
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Welcome!

I bet it'd feel great to have the wind in your hair again, so to speak.

I concur on the gear, I was perusing a shop looking at one-piece leathers a few days ago and was grimacing at the price tags...
    Comes with the territory, I s'pose!
  12. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  13. Thank for the feedback to my intro, NR members. Yes out of the dark side and into the real machines again. Finding that the FJR goes like a 'cut cat'! By the way Lionz the FJR 1300 AE that i have, only comes in one colour 'metalic bronze' definitely not to be confused with the white ones and mine has a set of Two Brother slip on pipes. Had to have some noise :headphone:. The dealership almost had a coronary because they told me the bike would be red.
    When the rain stops, i will get back on the road take some pictures and submit them. Getting a grip on the forum system, i will try to follow and respond regularly.

Cheers to all.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Could be, while your away - i am surfing all the sites that you really shouldn't, you know the ones 'where to find a real rabbit', How to remove a muzzle'.

Cheers, one of the Berts :brb: