Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Doing P test in rural area?? (NSW)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by iahawk, Aug 26, 2010.

1. hey guys and girls,

just wondering if anyone knows how the provisional rider test goes in a rural area where their is no training centre.

i know it differs from sydney/metro areas.

i have heard that they basically get you to ride around the block and do an emergency stop in front of them and thats it????? can anyone clarify this or actually tell me excatly what they test you on?

2. That's more or less it - I did the test in Bega, took 5 mins.
  3. Well it was 20 years ago for me, in Cooma, but I don't think it's changed much. I had to do one emergency brake (stoppie), one u-turn, and one lap around the block.
  4. They test your Pee to get a license these days? ;) :p
  5. E-brake, ride around the block one way, ride around the block the other way. That's when I did it in dubbo in '07.
  6. Depends how far away from a training centre you are. I had to leg it an hour along the road out of town until I got to a training centre so I could take the test... not sure where they call the line.

WHat area are you in if you don't mind me asking?
  7. I believe it's 100km. But I could be wrong.
  8. Last i saw the number was 2009, and even though i was drunk at the time, 120km rings a bell.
    Anyway, the OP is in a rural area and seems to know it already ;).
  9. im basically on the victorian border. The closest training centre to me is 450 km away. But we do have an RTA in town that does the testing, but i guess you'd call it the old fashioned way haha
  10. Yeah, thats definitely a case of the old method if you're that far away. I think my Father (and his brother) described his test as being told to go for a ride around the block and come to an emergency stop again in front of the tester. They survived that and were promptly given a licence :grin:

I can't imagine you'll be let off without having to compete the theory test though - not that its a particularly hard test haha. Before each question just think 'What would the (ultra conservative) Government want me to do?' and you'll be fine.

Cheers - boingk