Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Doin it wrong! (Not a near miss)

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by Funkmonkey, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Well it took a few months and a good 15000 km but i finally managed to bin it!

Thankfully i wasnt going too hard and was about 1/4th of the way from Marysville to Warburton when a wild left hand corner appeared! Managed to lose concentration for a split second and the bugger tightened up on me.

Heres the doin it wrong part.... shitting yourself, and stupidly hitting the rear brake.... this is what happens people!

20120123_102732.
    (A Funkmonkey hole in the bushes along Reefton Spur)
    20120123_103155.

Alls i remember is the back end going and then i was flat on my back in bushes looking at the road thinking wtf just happened! Managed to limp away and ride the bike back to Marysville to find something to bend the gear shift so i could at least use the gearbox then hobbled back home west again.

A couple of ebay purchases and a week later its all back in one piece again
    and back on the road, with a few added scratches and a dent in the tank (Yep, it really is an L-Platers Ninjette now)

20120201_134120.
    20120201_134143.

2. And the end result -
    20120201_171600.
    20120201_171623.
    20120201_171442.

Take care out there people, and will see you out on the road again soon.

The Funk

3. good to see n hear you're ok, perfect demo that bits n bobs are replaceable!!
    doesnt take much to do thats for sure!!

4. :cry:

Damn. Makes you cry when your children get hurt...

5. It'll buff out :p

Lucky your okay

6. It's good to hear that you're okay, and that the bike was repairable.. At least you've got it out of the way now and hopefully you can expect many more safe and upright k's to come :)

7. Cheers all. Was my own stupid fault too, no one else to blame :D This is the direct result of a momentary lapse of concentration!

8. good to hear you're okay and you bikes's back on the road now!!
    its good to reflect on how things went wrong, so they don't happen again :)

9. Glad that you are ok. (y)

10. Funkmonkey - there's easier ways to pick dandelions!

Really glad you're ok. :)

11. Glad you're okay Chris! Good that the bike aint too shattered, only your ego!

12. Seeing this post just hardens my resolve that my first road bike, will be a nice cheap bike that i can thrash, learn to ride properly on, and won't burst into tears when i inevitable come undone and write the damn thing off :)

I'm hoping i can get a 2nd hand 250 Ninja for like $2k maybe 3k.
    And yes people. I've got the protective gear incase of every eventuality!

13. glad youre ok mate, but why was your reflex to rear brake anyway!?
    retrain yourself away from using rear brake mid corner, just lean lean lean.