Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by dezmonster, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Riding north yesterday across Roseville bridge Sydney yesterday.
    Heavy traffic all going fast.
    Just going past the Crown of the hill bottlo, had green lights doing 75 ks
    and some dum F#ck with a dog not on a lead.
    The dog bolts across the road at the crossing looking back at its owner
    it arrives in the middle lane at the same time as me.
    I didn't even have time to cover my brake, but luckily my thumb was covering the horn button.
    139db of Steeble Nautilus duel air horn stopped said mutt in his track.
    I missed him by a hair, it would of not ended well for me.
    Felt like pulling over and giving the owner a liverpudlien kiss with my helmet still on.
    Hope his mutt didn't get hit , not his fault as for the owner.
    I am a dog owner and lover but hate people who cannot control their dog.

Watch out peoples.... its pre Christmas crazy time with no one paying attention
    All wrapped up in their own little world in a hurry and not focused on the road .
    end of rant
  2. The best thing to do is to slow down then when they have the trajectory speed up.

I had a dog chase me every day for two weeks, went to see the owner they told me to piss off, the police sorted it then.

You can go over them if you have to.
  3. I knew a girl who hit a little mutt on the Monash and it tore the guts out of her Mazda. God bless country girls - she walked back to the remnants of the dog, picked it up and put it in the boot. She called the owner, dropped off the body and then gave the insurance company the address so they could claim costs off them. Harsh.

Anyway, end rant.
  4. Being a country girl she was simply doing a kindness, 'cause she knew they could probably put the carcass to use, make a purse or something.
  5. interchange dog with mindless ipod listening human and you have brisbane city.
  6. do they make a good purse?
  7. They dont run at you though.
  8. I would argue otherwise.