Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Doggies vs Pies

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by CBRSteve, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Hi All

Lids & I are going to the game Friday night.

Anyone is welcome to join us. I'll post further info on meeting points etc this week.

PM me if you're interested. :)

2. Go Pies!!!

I'm excited, I haven't been to a game in ages!!

:D :D
  3. Mmm Lids, the way Collingwood have been performing this year, you're setting yourself up for disappointment...:LOL:
  4. Naah. Its a win-win situation for the 'pies.

They either finish the season with a win or they get a priority draft pick for winning less than 25% of home and away for the season.

ave picae
  5. The pies have to lose and believe it or not the last few games I've been barracking for them to lose considering the shockling run with injuries we need as many draft picks as possible.
    As for Carlton I don't see them winning their last game either as they also stand to lose so its a win win all rouns and we still finish above Carlton and they get the wooden spoon :twisted:

Cheers 8)

Just WISH we were finishing on the bottom of the ladder
  7. If I wasn't is Sydney .. would have joined you.
  8. Given a choice bewteen Dog and a Pie, I'd rather eat a pie any day..... er, ..... um, ..... OH this is about some sort of FOOTBALL, oh dear, sorry (backs away embarrassed)
  9. I'd like to see the dogs eat the pies. I'd like to see the roos on the rebound, the blues get the blues, the cats eat the crows, the bombers bomb the dockers....

Sheesh, what silly names...

I liked it when the names of the clubs represented the town/suburb they came from. I know some still do, but they've lost the local identity, haven't they?
  10. Woof Woof go dogs.......
    You folks from the lower states can bag Aussie Rules as much as you like, but I can't remember ever having one of our players suspended for shoving his thumb up another blokes arse..
  11. There's no argument about that, but then again we haven't had one of our club captains caught doing the horizontal folk dance with his best mate's wife at a party which was being attended by both his wife AND the mate.........
  12. In case the subtlety of my last post escaped you, I wasn't bagging AFL at all, I quite enjoy watching it actually. I just think that the animal names are silly and I deplore the way they have taken away the suburban names that the clubs started with.

I'm an Eastern Suburbs supporter in NRL. Have been since 1966, and I don't care what they call them now, they're still Easts to me, and they always will be.

13. the animal names etc have been around as long as the suburban names.
    the teams are still associated with their proper suburban names.
    Stkilda -saints
    Collingwood- magpies
  14. PMSL big time!! That's sooo funny. I love it!! hehehe :wink:

15. while we are on team names, what is a Rabbit Ho, is like a little she bunny with loose morals?
  16. What a classic...well done smee, got me until the last one.
  17. But WHY do football teams, of ANY code, have to be named after animals at all??? In the US footballs teams are called the Oilers, or the Pirates, or something like. Is it just like calling a red-head "blue"?
  18. Come on RC. What about 'Rabbitos', 'sea eagles', 'eels, 'sharks' etc? :p :p Gee catchy names. 8) 8) Suits that mobile wrestling you call football when the only thing the ball hardly ever touches is the boot. :LOL:

The only name you need to know around here is Collingwood, :p who are also known as the Magpies due to the black and white stripes. They are also the best team around, who have unfortunately fallen on hard times. However, like Lazarus, they will come back stronger than ever. [probably due to priority picks in the draft etc] :roll: :roll: :roll:
  19. Are you going to the game on Friday Brian???

20. I thought they were known as the Colliwobbles......?