Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Does this mean bike rego will be higher too??

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by PilgriM, Dec 15, 2011.

1. hmm reckon they could save us all by taking a wage cut!!
  2. Just like the politicians?
    Dont see any productivity gains from Julia.
  3. Fixed that for you.
  4. Does this mean bike rego will be higher too??

Does day follow night??
    Is the pope a catholic???
    Are all politicians self serving arseholes??

Just another out and out ripoff from the most pathetic excuse for a state government yet.
  5. Of course, they could have discarded labels, would have saved millions, with little effect.
    With. Computers in every patrol car, no need for paper evidence of registration.

Or, in this case, written a contract that doesn't have performance bonuses if you can't deliver!
    Once again, rewarding incompetence. In this case, the tender process was clearly deficient.
  6. No. Politicians love motorcycles and will probably make rego cheaper. I heard they were going to legislate for free beer too.
  7. Vehicle registration includes all vehicles, last time I looked a motorcycle was classified as a vehicle.
  8. Yep, but its the wording of the article that made me wonder, as it specifically stated "car", they probably should have used the term vehicle..

Anyone else seen any info on this, on a governement site or victoads???
  9. Unless you are designing questions for the Census.
  10. Ha! True!!
  11. Refer to the Premier's website.

Transport Accident Act 1986 states charges are to be automatically indexed by inflation each year. The 2011/12 inflation
    rate is 3.5%