Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Does Magnetic tank bag work on a cruiser without windscreen?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by CYZ, Jul 30, 2009.

1. This might be a stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyway before I buy one and have it fly up in my face while on the freeway.
    Does Magnetic tank bag work on a cruiser without windscreen?

2. Yep, they're held down quite strongly by the magnets.
  3. yes, as long as you have a steel tank :LOL:
  4. As mentioned above, a magnetic tank bag works great on a steel tank. Most tank bags come with additional straps (for backup purposes) for connecting to the headset where necessary. The main challenge with cruisers is that where are guages / etc on the tank, and the bag may restrict viewability.
  5. Very good point!
  6. My ALDI tank bag is claimed to stay on up to 130km/h and has the backup strap that you can put around the head or under the tank but i've forgotten to do up the strap some times and it's stayed on over $1.40 on my naked bike so your cruiser won't have a problem ;)
  7. I can attest that all 3 of my varying sized tank bags stay attached by magnets only at $peeds greater than $1.30 the bag says it supports.