Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Does license Suspension extend your Probation period [VIC]

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by oohsam, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Just weighing up options at the moment, but does a suspensoin of a license, say for 3 months, extend your probation period (250 restriction) for 3 months once you regain your license.
    I know its the case when you're on your P's in a car, but wasn't sure.

Cant find the info anywhere. They only speak of probation after July 2008, which is the new P' Plater scheme.
  2. Have you checked on the Vicroads Website? The answer may be there.
  3. Yes it does.

I copped a 1 month ban whilst on bike P's and they extended my P's by 1 month for me.
  4. But do you have a full licence on ur car....

Ie. Do i have to wait another 3 months to get off my restrictions?
  5. I'm in NSW, and i had to wait another 3 months to get off restrictions. I had a full car licence at the time, this didn't make a difference.
  6. Nibor just had two suspensions, one for 45+ over the limit, and the other for points. He said one extended his probationary period, and the other didn't. Whether that was a mistake or not, and which way around it was, I don't know.

Ask Nibor.
  7. One month is nothing much.
  8. That shouldn't be correct, 45kmh over carries a minimum suspension period but if the points form that also mean you've lost all your demerit points that suspension (3 months for the first 12 points and 1 month for each additional 4 points) is served separately from the speeding suspension.

From Vicroads:
    And yes they add the time on to your probation period.