Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Does different fuels effect easy starting?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Sweeris, Oct 22, 2007.

1. I have noticed that when I changed the fuel on my bike its easier to start.

I changed from a 91/95 Shell to mobile 8000. When I filled up I had less than a litre in the tank(I put in 13.4Litres when I filled up).

Does the fuel make that much of a difference to starting?

2. Dunno if there's any real scientific explanation to it (maybe differences in vaporisation?) but I used to notice exactly the same thing, never liked using Shell. Of course the servo you buy it from can play a big part too - ie how much water and crap do they have in the tanks.

3. i dunno if it makes it more difficult but if ur sparks are old, that will affect it.

4. putting different service station brands into my car caused lots of differences.
    Like my car would splutter if I put shell or limited in, it seemed to be quite efficient on apco and the other brands it would be so-so. Some of the 7-11 are pretty good (although these were all standard unleaded)

Still on my first tank on the bike :p so that one will take more investigating