Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

does anyone know anything about DURO tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by goddie, Aug 19, 2010.

1. I just got my new ride, was wrapt to see a new tyre up front till I saw a name I hadnt heard of, it is a DURO hf918 I think.
    No reviews that I can find, does anyone know anything about them?

2. Nope sorry
  3. Thanks moto2,
    had a peek, trying to find some kind of review about them on the net is not successful, first day on the new bike today with a new tyre of unknown quality up front, gonna be a slow sweep from footscray road onto the citylink heading north this arvo, hope to scrub the tyre in a little on the weekend.
    thanks again :)

4. Wow thats a cheap tyre! $45! Ew, straight groove in the middle of the tyre. Watch out for it tracking in rain grooves and lines on the road ;). Thats my personal thing in tread patterns though (up to my third set of tyres in 8 months :p commuting hehe). Second set had straight grooves and i had to fight to keep the bike out of the grooves.

Reviews i found for ya...

Not a whole lot out there, but Duro reviews in general say they have been around ages and make a good range of tyres, for what a general review is worth...
  5. Cheers mr messy, appreciate your links, must say for a new tyre without any scrubbing to speak of it felt good on the left sweeper on friday arvo heading off footscray rd onto citylink. i crap myself leaning a little but found more cinfident leaning with the beemer then the suzy 750f i have up for sale, could be the 'low seat' feel..